About Me

My name is Susan and I'm a regular mom who discovered in her .. umm - later in life that I like crafty stuff.

I am now happily remarried to my own version of 'Peetra". I have 3 children, plus one stillborn son in my heart always. A 'rescued' Siberian Husky named Oliver, Saved Luna Fish & feeder to many birds in the area ;)

A Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis in 2012 put me behind in my crafting blog but I am so much better and intend to get this back going. Thanks for the support crafters!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mixed Media Stamping


I finally sent out all the Creative Festival Fans their inspiration booklet and sample! I hope they end up on here! My New years resolution involves using the blog more effectively.

Close to My Heart Corporate is going to be changing over its TV show from Art & Soul to something BRAND NEW.. coming soon!

Here is the last segment of Art & Soul which has some great information in it. It’s the most versatile mixed media album ever! Learn how to stamp with pizzazz on the My Creations® Mix & Mingle album’s clear plastic and chipboard pages. Then watch it transform from an album into a wall hanging, a banner, a card, or use pages from it on your scrapbook layouts. You’ll also learn how to create gorgeous B&T Duos® paper using a faux painting technique with Liquid Glass. Jeanette Lynton shares her fully compiled calendar she’s been creating page by page and showcasing on her blog each month this year. Truly inspirational!

To find out more about the calendar pages shown in this episode, go to www.jeanettelynton.com or view the October, November, or December calendar pages.

How to Make This Project

Learn how to make the project featured in this episode of Art & Soul®.


Featured Technique

Mixed Media Stamping

Materials Needed


D1384 My Acrylix® Snow Flurries
C1427 My Acrylix® I Believe
C1379 My Acrylix® Holiday Commentary
D1222 My Acrylix® Tiny Typewriter Alphabet
X7127B Magnifique Level 2 Paper Packet
Z2111 Chocolate Exclusive Inks® Pad
Z2168 Colonial White Exclusive Inks® Pad
Z2118 Desert Sand Exclusive Inks® Pad
Z2192 Pacifica Exclusive Inks® Pad
Z2194 Sky Exclusive Inks® Pad
Z1142 Brown StazOn® Ink Pad

Z1334 My Creations® Mix & Mingle Album
Z1225 Dimensional Embellishments Flurry
Z1206 Basic Craft Buttons
Z1096 Embroidery Floss Neutral Assortment
Z1326 Sparkles Red, Pink, & Purple Assortment
Z1327 Sparkles Blue & Green Assortment
Z1333 Opaques Mocha Adhesive Gems
Z697 Sponge

To create two of the pages shown here, follow the helpful hints. Follow the theme for the remainder of the pages, as desired. For more detailed information on how to create the featured technique, contact your Close To My Heart Consultant Susan Turnbull Here.

  • Trim papers depending on how you’d like to embellish the album.
  • Trace round sponge on B&T Duos® paper. Trim.
  • Cover Dimensional Elements star with B&T paper.
  • Sponge Dimensional Elements snowflake with Colonial White ink.
  • Sponge edges of paper pieces, chipboard pages, and Dimensional Elements with Desert Sand ink.
  • Stamp images on chipboard pages with Chocolate, Pacifica, and Sky inks, as desired.
  • Stamp snowflakes on scrap paper, trim, and use as mask for masking technique. Secure masks on front of clear pages then sponge StazOn® ink over whole page. Allow to dry. Remove masks to reveal clear images.
  • Stamp snowflakes with StazOn® ink on back of buttons.
  • Assemble album pages, adding photos and paper pieces, as desired.
  • Embellish with Opaques adhesive gems, Sparkles, buttons threaded with Colonial White embroidery floss, and Dimensional Elements, as desired.

I'm going to try to get out more information on Workshop Kits to go. They are just fantastic little kits for cardmaking/scrapbooking or both. After you make the kits CTMH provides online information on what to do with the left over paper! Maybe it will become Wednesday Workshops ...I might go for that next week!

Keep Scrappin',
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment